In the interest of trying to balance community health and community needs the following has been implemented for the Fowler Public Library effective today.
We will have a staff member in the library during normal hours to answer the phone and provide what services we can on a case by case need.
1) Library closed to normal public access until the regular Board meeting on April 13th where it will be on the agenda to review the situation.
2) curbside service will be available. Patrons may log on to the catalog and reserve items through the library website, where library staff with gather and check them out handing them to people at the door. In order to login you will need your library card number, if you do not have your card handy call the library and we will help you out. (620)646-5550
3) Case by case situations of need for services like faxes, copies, or computer access will be considered by the Director for those patrons who are asymptomatic.
4) Computers will be disinfected after each user.
5) Materials returned to the library will be wiped down and placed in a “material quarantine” for four days before being allowed to recirculate.
6) State Library Cards are highlighted as a tremendous resource and we encourage patrons to get signed up for one in order to get people access to online electronic media formats. This can be handled over the phone. (620)646-5550
7) Interlibrary Loan services will still be offered but materials will go through the 4 day material quarantine before shipping back or notifying patrons of their arrival.
8) Fines will be temporarily suspended.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Library response to the current situation feel free to call, or email email@example.com
Ben Rogers, director